This recipe from Diana Henry’s book, ‘How to Eat a Peach’ is one of the most delicious puddings we have found in a while. It is such a refreshing and grown up end to the meal without too much guilt!
Mangoes are rich in vitamins A, C and E plus beta-carotene, mangoes are a wonderful source of skin-healing antioxidants to rejuvenate your complexion, while vitamin A also helps to protect and renew your skin cells and mucous membranes.
Ginger is another skin-loving ingredient – Both ingesting ginger and applying it topically have major anti-aging benefits. It contains around 40 antioxidant properties that prevent free radical damage and protect against aging. It also evens skin tone and improves elasticity. Limes are also rich in Vitamin C and antioxidants so this recipe is a winner for your skin!
Ingredients: (serves 6)
* 6 limes
* 1 ½ cup water
* ¾ cup granulated sugar
* 1 ¼ pieces of fresh ginger root, peeled and finely sliced
* 3 medium, perfectly ripe mangoes, peeled
1. Zest 2 limes and put in a small prep bowl.
2. Finely grate another 2 limes and put into a small saucepan along with juice from the 6 limes and 1 ½ cups of water, sugar and ginger.
3. Heat on low at first stirring to let the sugar dissolve; then increase heat and let mixture boil.
4. Reduce mixture back to a simmer for 7 to 10 minutes or until its syrupy and let cool and chill.
5. Cut cheeks off the mangoes and eat the remainder of save for something else.
6. Slice cheeks and place in a shallow bowl or a high lipped plate and pour syrup over top.
Why become a member of Luminous?
Subscribing to Luminous will give you access to a wealth of curated tutorials and routines to help teach you to lift and tone every part of your face. You can filter by face part to target specific areas, or try the full routines. We add new techniques and routines to the site regularly as it is important to mix up the exercises you do to keep your muscles challenged.
We do monthly online live classes which will help keep you motivated as well as ensuring you are doing the techniques correctly.
Head to the ‘Become a Member‘ page to learn more about the benefits and cost of membership!